How Will IA-CEPA Contribute to Indonesia's Food Security & Economy?
Time & Location
About the Event
- Pingkan Audrine, Researcher of the Center Indonesian Policy Studies - https://cutt.ly/9u3r6nK
- Sally Deane, Austrade Senior Trade Commissioner - https://cutt.ly/su3rF0O
- Valeska, Country Manager for Indonesia, Australia Meat and Livestock Country Manager for Indonesia - https://cutt.ly/vu3rBSt
After ten years of negotiations between Indonesia and Australia, Indonesia’s Parliament has ratified the IA-CEPA (Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement) in February and the agreement will come into force on July 5, 2020.
The IA-CEPA has the potential to strengthen Indonesia’s role in global value chains. The agreement also aims to attract FDI as Australia seeks to invest in strategic sectors of the Indonesian market.
This webinar will discuss how the government and private sector actors can prepare to take full advantage of the IA-CEPA, and address questions such as:
- How will the IA-CEPA support better opportunities for Indonesia to import commodities and increase food and non-food exports?
- What kind of evaluations and innovations does Indonesia need to do to make its products competitive for the Australian market?
- What are the obstacles and challenges faced by Australian businesses and investors in entering the Indonesia market?
- What must the two countries prepare to maximize the potential of the IA-CEPA?
We have the pleasure of having the following distinguished speakers:
- Moderator: Felippa Amanta, Researcher of the Center Indonesian Policy Studies